On February 3, 2018, Century Private School formally announced the Inauguration of the Advisory Board. Distinguished board members were introduced in a ceremony held in their honour. Century Private School, in its commitment to inspiring excellence, looks to each Advisor to offer their experience and expertise to help provide advice and assistance to the school. The newly appointed members include:
Chair of the Advisory Board – Mr. David Tsubouchi
• Chair of the Management Board of Cabinet from 2001 to 2003
• Minister of Culture from 2002 to 2003
• Solicitor General from 1999 to 2001
• Minister of Consumer and Commercial Relations from 1996 to 1999
• Minister of Community and Social Services from 1995 to 1996
• Member of Provincial Parliament – Markham from 1995 to 2003
• Honorary Consul General of Mongolia from 2012-2016
• Recipient of the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee Medal and the Queen’s Golden Jubilee Medal. • Recipient of Federation of Asian Canadian Lawyers (FACL) Lifetime Achievement Award and Diversity Award, NAAAP 100 from the North American Association of Asian Professionals.
Advisory Board Member – Mr. Mike Del Grande
• Trustee of the Toronto Catholic District School Board from 1994 to 2003, and from 2014 to present
• Chair of the Toronto Catholic District School Board from 2000 to 2001, and from 2014 to 2015
• Chair of the Budget Committee of the City of Toronto from 2010 to 2012
• Toronto City Councillor, representing Ward 39 Scarborough—Agincourt from 2003 to 2014 • Director of Toronto Scarborough Hospital from 2007 to 2012
• Chair of the Scarborough Community Council from 2004 to 2005
Advisory Board Member – Mr. Bill Hogarth
• York Region District School Board Director from 1994 to 2009
• Former Director of Education for York Region
• Former Chair of the Board of Governors of Seneca College
• Teacher, Program Consultant & Principal, North York Board of Education
• Superintendent of Schools North York Board of Education
Advisory Board Member – Ms. Linda Franklin
• President and CEO of Colleges Ontario
• Former President, Wine Council of Ontario
• Former Chief of Staff for an Ontario cabinet minister
• Member of the board of directors of Ontario Place
• Member of the board of directors of the Ontario Chamber of Commerce
• Linda was named Niagara’s Business Person of the Year, and she was also awarded the Queen’s Jubilee medal for her contribution to the advancement of the Ontario wine industry.
Many distinguished guests, including government officials, who attended the ceremony, honoured the school with congratulatory remarks. Century would like to offer sincere thanks to the Members of Parliament, Members of Provincial Parliament, Mayors, Councillors, and other dignitaries for their show of support by participating in the event.
Century Private School believes that all children are entitled to a balanced education, where they can grow and develop into strong leaders, and learn to embrace all facets of life. In doing so, Century Private School is pleased to be offering Scholarships to new students in both elementary and high school.
Applicants must be academically strong and show a willingness to study an enriched and challenging program. In addition, the ideal candidate will have a commendable track record of involvement in their current schools’ co-curricular programs in areas such as art, community service, and sports.
Students applying for the scholarship will be required to submit completed application form to an in house board for review. Successful applicants will be interviewed, and will be required to complete a standardized test (SSAT). Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of the written application, reference checks, SSAT results, and candidate interview.
For more information or inquiries, please contact a faculty